ELMON S.A. specializes in the design, development and manufacture of high-end body armor solutions for law enforcement, military worldwide.
Close collaboration with the industry’s market leaders, paves a defined path for growth. For all ballistic solutions, only the most advanced materials are used. State of the art facilities and quality assured with ISO 9001 & 14001.
Main Product Line:
- Bulletproof vests
- Ballistic Plates
- Ballistic Helmets
What makes us special:
- Well experienced management team in Global Defense Industry
- System integrator: Works with major international contractors to deliver specialized systems to support mission critical applications.
- Know-how: We own and control all aspects of the technology involved in our products with emphasis on research and technological development.
- Design and development: Continuous search for technological solutions aiming to reduce the weight and increase the level of comfort for the end user.
- Flexibility: Capability to develop in-house customized solutions and produce prototypes in quick time.
- “Reducing the weight of soldier equipment without compromising protection and combat performance is a key challenge for the body armor and personal protection industry”
- A wide range of bulletproof vests is offered to meet specific applications and demands
- These are panels, typically shaped like the pictures shown and provide the ballistic protection i.e. they stop certain types of bullets. They are made from many layers of woven or laminated fibers and capable of protecting the wearer from small-caliber handgun projectiles, small fragments from explosives such as hand grenades and knife stabs. The layers of fibers “catch” and deform a bullet, mushrooming it into a dish shape, and spreading its force over a larger portion of the vest fiber. The vest absorbs the energy from the deforming bullet, bringing it to a stop before it can completely penetrate the textile matrix. Some layers may be penetrated but as the bullet deforms, a larger and larger fiber area absorbs the energy.
- Only high quality materials from leading suppliers are used in all the production process.
- For the ballistic protection materials, ELMON uses the world’s strongest fiber, the Dyneema Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMPE) along with Artec, the new lighter version of aramid fiber.
- For the external fabric Cordura is widely used and for the internal fabric the Spacetec 3-D spacer fabric range is used.
- In hot and humid weather conditions the Coolmax fabric helps the user to stay cool and dry.
- All the fabrics are sewn using high resistance threads.
- Hard ballistic plates provide protection from rifle bullets
- Ballistic helmets are integral part of the personal armor system of the modern warrior.
- A range of light weight and high performing helmets are offered, based on the popular PASGT shape, to meet particular operational requirements